Sunday, November 27, 2011

Shameless Cake Blog

It doesn't take much to figure out that I really love baking cakes.  Bundt cakes, especially.  Oh, I love bundts!  But I'm creating this post for one reason, and one reason only, and it's to put one of my favorite cakes on full display.  Surprisingly, it's not one of my super incredible, much loved bundts.  It's a little ol' square cake that is just so full of wonderful yumminess. 

Seriously.

Will this help you understand?


Don't ya just wanna lick it?  This is a delicious Applesauce Cake with Butter-Rum Glaze .  The recipe works perfect for a standard square pan, but once you've tasted it, you'll wish you had doubled the recipe and made a bigger version.  I promise. 

The cake has a nice spice to it, and the applesauce just makes it incredibly moist and tender.  But the icing on the cake is, well... the icing on the cake.  The butter-rum glaze is so flavorful and tasty!  I'm pretty sure I never had rum flavored frosting until this cake, because I would have remembered it. 

If you have a sweet tooth moment one of these days and are looking for a quick fix, this can do the trick.  It's simple, it's small enough that it is a fast-bake, and it is the perfect compliment to either coffee or milk. 

Enjoy!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, looks and sounds amazing. But, come one! With all the cake talk you're gonna have to start posting your recipes along with these blog posts. Otherwise you're just being cruel.

Anonymous said...

...and now I see the link. Oops. :o)

Leann said...

I love spice cake, so mabe I will give it a whirl. It looks yummy!

Unknown said...

Hey, John- I just made some changes so the links are more prominent. : )

Leann, you should definitely try it. I made one right after writing this blog and Tommy ate the entire thing. Oh, to eat like that and stay skinny...