Saturday, January 7, 2012

Snickerdoodle Muffins and Some Pure Geniosity

Well, I'm thinking I may make a batch or two of muffins this weekend.  I'm leaning towards some recipes that I've done and had good success with.  First, I'll share one that sounds good right this minute, but I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to make them:  Snickerdoodle Muffins. 

Aren't they just drool-worthy?  I think so.  The recipe is a borrowed one from this site, Tasty Kitchen, and you can click on the link to go to the recipe.  You'll find that the recipe calls for buttermilk, but I never buy it because we won't drink it.  I "make my own" by putting 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into 1 cup of milk, (or 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice for 1/2 cup milk) stirring it and letting it set for a few minutes and then using whatever measurement is needed for the recipe.  Never had a problem with doing this.

So, after making the batter, I used a large scoop and rolled the batter balls into cinnamon sugar and then put the batter into a lined muffin tin. 


Another favorite muffin here at the Bentz household is the traditional blueberry muffin.  I have a jumbo muffin tin, so I made some jumbo muffins a while back.  The recipe can be found here:  Jumbo Blueberry Muffins

And here is a tease picture of them.  I think they're beautiful!


If you've never had a reason to keep butter on hand, you have two good reasons now!! 

Ok... so here's my funny Tommy story.  He'll love that I put this on here (not!), but it is one of my favorites.  Tommy and I go out to eat occasionally at this Mexican restaurant and for leftovers, they use styrofoam containers.  Tommy and I usually use the pen they bring with the check to write our names on our containers.  Well, Tommy was feeling exceptionally brilliant this particular evening, and this is what he wrote on his:




So, just looking at this picture sends me into a whole new fit of laughing.  Yes, he is, indeed, Pure Genious, much in the same way of Wile E. Coyote.  And it seems needless to say how awesome it would be if he was just simply genius.  Or for that matter, if I was, too! 

On that silly note, I'll sign off for now. 

Enjoy!


No comments: