Saturday, June 16, 2012

Colemans, Colemans Everywhere...

Well, as spoken so spot-on by the girl in the movie Poltergeist, I, too, can say, "They're heeeere!"

The Mob arrived this evening and I have laughed a lot already. When I say a lot, I mean a whole, whole lot. My brother is just pure comedy, and it is true that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree - his kiddos are just as comedic. And Cappi fits right in, which makes sense since she is part of the tree system.

So, Bender and I picked them up from the airport - luggage ad all fit nicely into our borrowed mode of transportation (thank you, Lyn! I hope you're geared up for that group hug!) without us having to strap anyone or anything to the top of the vehicle. I made in advance of their arrival a huge mess of tacos - ground beef and chicken, soft shell and crunchy. I am all about offering choices! And I was glad to hear that they were all feeling hungry!!  I love feeding people! 


As you can see, I got the thumb's up from Talon and a lovely food-check from Bryan.  Typical.

I also made a banana nut chocolate chip bundt cake for dessert. I did something with the cake that I know better than to do, which was to add extra banana to it. Uhg! It tasted good, but was just too moist. I know better, and yet I did it anyway.

So, after dinner, they decided they wanted to watch some ghost story show on tv. As things progressed, I look over to a big empty couch, and then turned to the tiny love seat and see this (excuse the bad picture quality, but you get the idea):



At which point Bryan said, "I think maybe it's time to turn the channel."

And, yes, I'm sure we'll see several amazingly great facial expressions by my dear brother over the course of this visit. 

Tomorrow we will be visiting a u-pick farm on Sauvie Island to gather some fresh strawberries. Then in the afternoon we will be back home to have a cookout, which seems an appropriate way to spend Father's Day.

And even though I already sent a very sentimental card to my Padre, I still want to wish him a very happy and relaxing Father's Day tomorrow. Anticipating that you just might end up out at the lake, Dad, I offer this toast to you:

Here's to cold beer, fried catfish and taters, retirement before another record-breaking summer, being a lake bum just because you can be, and being an awesome and amazing Tree to a couple of silly and appreciative Apples. 
Happy Father's Day!

With that, I am off to bed. I have a feeling tomorrow will be an early morning wake up since I'm dealing with a Mob that is still functioning on Oklahoma time.  I'm just hoping for a quiet night now that I've heard the stories of sleep walking and sleep talking and flowers getting planted in the cracks of butts.  It could get interesting around this place, needless to say!   

Over and out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks TD the Tree is VERY Proud of all the Apples

Unknown said...

:)