Saturday, October 8, 2011

Quick Fixes for Parties and Potlucks

The season for parties, get-togethers and potlucks is upon us.  With Halloween around the corner, I'm here to help you with the easy part of the celebrating by offering a couple of simple options to make and take with you.  As for costume decisions, you are totally and completely on your own.  If it weren't for the whole requirement of picking out a costume, Halloween would be so much more enjoyable!  I'm not sure what we will be doing this Halloween, but these little snacks will hold you over for party-going from now through the Super Bowl. 

First, I'd like to introduce what has been referred to by some as "meat wrapped in meat."  My husband has actually asked me to make this for dinner in the past.  Ok, so while I like them, I don't like them quite enough to have them for a meal.  And here you have it, Bacon Wrapped Lil' Smokies


Three ingredients makes this super easy - Lil' Smokies, bacon, and brown sugar.  Big score! (And a big thank you to Aunt Kim!)

Another easy party idea is Nutter Butter Bon Bons .  We're still going for easy, simple crowd pleasers, and this fits the bill.  A four-ingredient fix, these are a success with anyone who enjoys the delightfulness of peanut butter and chocolate combinations.  Oh, you would like a picture?  Here ya go!


I hope these quick recipes have been helpful.  I remain stumped for a Halloween costume and am not feeling particularly optimistic that I'll come to a resolution in time for the festivities, but I'm okay with that as long as Tommy dresses up in something silly (like the Beer Keg costume that we bought at an after-Halloween sale last year!) so that I can get a good chuckle out of it!

Enjoy!


No comments: